Joint Stock Company “Engineering and Technology Transfer Center”. (hereinafter – the Company) was established in accordance with the resolution of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated August 1, 2003 № 775 “On urgent measures on development of institutional support of scientific and innovative activity aimed at implementation of the Strategy of industrial and innovative development of the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2003-2015”.
In accordance with Resolution No. 959 of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated 23 December 2019 “On Amendments to Resolutions No. 508 of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated 3 June 2010 “On Establishment of the Joint-Stock Company Kazakhstan Institute of Industry Development” and No. 450 of 30 July 2016 “On Approval of the List of National Development Institutes and Other Legal Entities, Fifty and More Percentage of the Voting Shares (Stakes in the Authorized Capital) of which are directly or indirectly owned by the State and which are Authorized to Implement the Measures of the State”.
The main goal of the Company is to assist in ensuring the coordination of industrial and innovative development processes and providing measures of state support for industrial and innovative activities.
The Company’s activities are:
1) participation in the process of technological forecasting;
2) provision of information, analytical and consulting services in areas of innovation development;
3) investment in industrial and innovative projects through participation in the authorized capital of subjects of industrial and innovative activity, creation of legal entities with foreign participation, creation or participation in investment and venture funds and other ways provided by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
4) participation in the creation, management and coordination of technology commercialization centers, technology parks, design bureaus, and international technology transfer centers;
5) cooperation with international organizations in order to attract information, educational and financial resources to stimulate the technological development of priority sectors of the economy;
6) providing access to information about implemented industrial and innovative projects, implemented technologies, and the results of analytical research on technological forecasting;
7) participation in the implementation of state support mechanisms for technological business incubation, technology commercialization and technology transfer, and strengthening the human, managerial and production potential of industrial innovation entities;
8) issuing expert opinions and (or) recommendations to the authorized body in the field of state support of industrial and innovative activities;
9) provision of services to the authorized body in the field of state support of industrial and innovative activities for the provision of innovative grants;
10) collecting information and analyzing the effectiveness of the industrial innovation system in the field of technological development.